0

#ChangingFaceOfEndo Project

I mentioned in the last blog that I was thinking of doing a new project so today I'd like to explain a little more about the idea. As with many other invisible illnesses, you can't tell someone has endometriosis just by looking at them (unless they're doubled over in agony, ha). This idea has been explored by people with all sorts of illnesses, including the #facesofendo challenge to raise awareness, but I've been thinking of a slightly different (if not original) take on it.

Not only does endo look different on each woman who has it, it also looks different for the same woman depending on the day, her symptoms, where she is in her cycle etc. So I wanted to try the photo-a-day project that many people do, but in a way that helps to raise awareness for endo at the same time. With each picture I'd include thoughts on how I feel in general but also endo-specific stuff so that people can see the different aspects of endo over the course of weeks, months and the year.

I'm anticipating most of the pictures will just be me at the laptop, perhaps with some situational pictures if they seem relevant to the project. I'll be posting picture one in a separate post tonight so you can see what I mean. :)

So what do you think? Would you find this kind of project interesting? Do any fellow endo sisters want to take part? Let me know in the comments below!

ps thanks to Kassi and Nicky Marshall for their help in coming up with the project name/hashtag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top